So let's start with some basics.
Today .. or tonight I want to talk about creating a default chart.
The default chart type for Microsoft Excel is a column chart. If you routinely create a different type of chart, such as a line chart, you can change the default chart type.
Create a default chart from an existing chart
- Open the file containing the chart you want to use
- Double-click on the chart
- On the Type group, select Change Chart Type
- Select the chart type you want to be the default.. i.e. a line chart
- Click Set as Default Chart (located at the bottom of the dialog box)
- Click OK
- Please note that only impacts the chart type- it does not change the colors or other formatting elements.
Tomorrow... hmm I think I am on vacation tomorrow... Okay on Monday we will discuss how to create custom charts containing colors, formatting etc that you want applied to all or most of your charts. Have a good weekend if I don't talk to you tomorrow.