Best Microsoft Excel Bloggers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Duplicates

I realized that Method 3 only showed you how to identify  numbers. If you have a mix of numbers and text, you may find this example more useful.
In this example, I had values in Column A and Column B and I wanted to identify which were duplicates.
I typed the following formula =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$5,0))," ",A1) in Column D and then copied it down. This formula tells Excel to Compare Column A against Column B and to identify any values that match. Excel found that there was a match for may in Column B and there was a match for the value 2 in Column B so those are the only values that display in Column D.

If you do anything else with duplicates, let me know.

I would be glad to share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Ms. Excel- Resident Excel Geek