Best Microsoft Excel Bloggers

Monday, August 13, 2012

Excel 2013 is coming!

Yes- I know that many of you are still using Excel 2003, Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 and quite happily however apparently Microsoft cannot wait until 2013 to release Office 2013. It is on its way.

At this point, I have not tried it simply because I still use XP and did not want to to upgrade after witnessing the debacle of Windows Vista however now I will be forced to since Office 2013 requires Windows 7 or better.  It looks to have several interesting things - one of which is that PowerPivot is now incorporated into Excel instead of just being an add-on.   The big thing though is that it will be cloud based which I know offers some security concerns for businesses.

As soon as I get it and play around with it, I will update you.

If any of you reading this blog, have tried the beta version, I would be interested in your comments.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/en/try-office-preview

http://betanews.com/2012/07/22/a-preview-of-microsoft-office-2013/

No comments:

Post a Comment


Ms. Excel- Resident Excel Geek